- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
5th Annual Military Tactical Communications Summit“Delivering Network Capability to the Tactical Edge”
September 20-21, 2016 | AUSA Conference and Event Center, Arlington, VA
DSI’s Military Tactical Communications Summit is designed as an educational and training “Town Hall” forum, where thought leaders and key policy-makers across U.S. military and U.S. civilian organizations can come together for actionable discussions and debate. The Summit will focus on a networked approach to providing communications at the tactical edge.
2016 Confirmed Speakers Include:
- LTG Robert Ferrell, USA, CIO/G6, US Army
- RADM Nancy Norton, USN, Director of Warfare Integration for Information Warfare, Deputy Director, Navy Cybersecurity
- Daniel Bradford, SES, Deputy to the Commander/Senior Technical Director/Chief Engineer, US Army NETCOM
- Col Todd Krueger, USAF, Senior Materiel Leader, Space, Aerial, and Nuclear Networks, Hanscom AFB
- COL James Ross, USA, Project Manager, Tactical Radios, US Army PEO C3T
- COL Troy Crosby, USA, Incoming Project Manager, Mission Command, US Army PEO C3T
- COL Ed Barker, USA, Project Manager, Soldier Warrior, US Army PEO Soldier
- Dr. Santanu Das, Program Officer, Communications and Networking Program, Office of Naval Research
- COL Kirby Watson, USA, Chief, Interoperability Division, Joint Staff J6
- James Churchill, Deputy Program Manager, PMW 160, PEO C4I, USN
This Summit offers several distinct opportunities for a few organizations to demonstrate their technologies or solutions that address the Summit subject matter, or to partake in a thought leadership role. If you are an organization that would like to learn more about how you can be involved, please visit us at:
2015 Participating Organizations:
General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, DISA, BAE Systems, Harris, Headquarters Marine Corps, Oceus Networks, PEO C3T, MITRE, Raytheon, Smartronix, Thales Defense & Security, Inc., Lockheed Martin, Motorola Solutions, Inc, Inmarsat Government, U.S. Navy, Georgia Tech Research Institute, Boeing, John Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratories, DoD CIO, Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute, Rockwell Collins, Viasat, Inc, Exelis, Inc, ADS, Inc, ManTech Intl, Honeywell International, Innoflight, Hughes Network Systems, Nexagen Networks, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Naval Post Graduate School, US Army War College, Institute for Defense Analysis
Key Topics for the 2016 Summit:
- Delivering Information Dominance to the Joint Warfighter
- Updates on Network Modernization and Standardization across the Services
- Moving Internet of Things to the Tactical Edge
- Research, Technology, and Capability Development in Support of Enhanced Communications and Networks
- JIE and the Impact on the Tactical Edge
- Air Force Airborne Networking Roadmap and Opportunities for Industry
- Building Network Capacity and Capability to Support Soldiers in Expeditionary Environments
At our Symposium You Have the Ability To:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the C4ISR Community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some the latest technologies related to next generation networking to provide critical C2 to warfighters at the tactical edge
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments.
Why You Should Attend This Summit:
- The 2016 Tactical Communications Summit will focus on delivering network capability and enhanced C4ISR to the tactical edge. The Summit will seek to enhance reliable access to data, voice, and video anytime and anywhere to support commanders’ situational awareness and C2 capabilities.
- Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines require a real-time, common operational picture to ensure information dominance and operational flexibility. Commanders rely on tremendous volumes of information delivered at high speed to maintain operational superiority. This Summit will focus on the policy, strategy, and technology that enables robust networks in expeditionary environments in support of battlefield success.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits’ content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in networking and communications technology as well as key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
2016 SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.